Girls sometimes refuse to give me the number on the street the first time I ask them.
It’s usually due to 3 fears.
1) I’ll be the guy that’s calling her 5 times a day
2) She doesn’t know me, I’m a total stranger and we all know they *never* give their number to strangers
3) Her boyfriend would catch her
I’ve developed my game to circumvent all 3 fears in order of importance:
After the first refusal I do a little comfort and then I give her my after-rejection-#close-routine:
Ok, let’s do it this way: I’ll take your number and if you don’t answer I’ll just delete it. I’m not the kind of guy that’ll call you 10 times a day.
This alleviates fear #1
Fear #2 is usually due to lack of time. We didn’t have the logistics to do proper game and now there’s not enough comfort. I’m pushing for instadates whenever I can but my schedule is usually full so I sometimes encounter this problem. Doing good game before this moment would alleviate fear #2.
Fear #3: If I know she has a boyfriend I usually tell her to nickname me – Angelsin Colleague (or something to that effect). I also ask her when should I call. If she tells me an hour it’s on!
There are some other techniques here but I’m leaving them for later.
PS: When it happens in the club and I KNOW the girl is attracted I do the following combo:
- she refuses
- I tell her I’m not into Facebook and instant messaging
- I continue with comfort and qualification
- I tell her I’ll leave the club soon – I walk away on a high point
- later in the night I return and continue with the attraction
- I tell her I’m going to leave and ask for her number again
This times she gives the number as she knows I won’t accept FB.